Saturday, December 8, 2012

Race Bib Portfolio


I saw a Race Bib portfolio on a running site, it had a cheesy picture, and the pages inside weren't that pretty. So being the crafty addict I am I knew I could make one look much prettier. And since it's so close to Christmas I knew I wanted my close running friends to have one too!

I made my own subway art with running mantras. I made it for an 8x8 sheet, here is the PDF for  Run Subway Art. This is one thing that I am so proud of!!!! And it was so fun making.

I learned a couple things during this project: I can't cut straight even with a paper cutter. I can't measure right even with a paper cutter ruler. Don't modge podge something that is printed from your ink-jet printer. Don't leave non-modged-podged book on the desk where little kids can get it wet.

Each portfolio starts & ends with a chipboard (found in the scrapbook page racks, as thick as cardboard). This is what I glued the subway art to.



Then there are 5 decorated pages, front & back. Then 5 white cardstock pages for extras. They are single hole punched and held together with binder rings so that more pages, or just bibs, can be added. On each page I glued a small paper with the words: Date, Distance, Time, Pace, Notes. I left room for them to write in. I made it so that they are ready for my friends' first 10 bibs & all they have to do is glue & write. Here are some color combinations I made for my friends. I just featured some of the favorite pages from the books (I made 9 altogether).

Black & Creme. One page with black glitter polka dots. One page with raised black 'leaves'. 

I absolutely loved the blues and greens color combinations of this one. 

Pretty maroons and purples. 


Paisleys - I love them! Blues, browns, greens.
Here is another greens & blues. 

Fun psychedelic purples, with accents of maroon.   

Blues & oranges. The bottom right paper was my favorite.


Some polka dots & stripes are always fun.


























I had so much fun making these. And I enjoyed seeing my friends receive them. On every day, except August first, it is more blessed to give than to receive ;-)

Read my next blog with the pages of mine filled out (I didn't want to bombard this one with pictures). Post if you have questions about making your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment