Monday, April 25, 2011

Not So Picture Perfect



Easter Sunday, April 24th. We were dressed to a T. 
My girls were matching, with handmade matching flowers by Princy n Paris
My son had a suit & tie on. My husband had a suit on.
I told my kids that when it was time to take a picture they HAD to smile. It was Easter Sunday I had to get pictures! They pretty much cooperated with me. I had to remind them of our "deal" sometimes. 

I had to go through 3 photographers to finally get a picture that was NOT blurry!!! We got some quite interesting pictures. It my attempt to get the perfect picture there was one that was absolutely hilarious to me! I shared it my mom & sisters....but there is NO WAY I would put it on Facebook.....I mean what would happen when my FB friends saw the truth behind my beautiful pictures!!!! 

As I was reading a blog of Cheyenne Johnson. I realized it's ok to let other people know you're not so perfect.

So here are my secrets.....I edit the pictures I put up....especially the ones of me. If I look too pale, I make it a better color. If my teeth don't look good, I make it black & white. 
If my double chin is showing I crop it out. 


I'm not a perfect mom. {I know, a big shocker! :)} I don't have perfect kids! My 5 year old has started the eye rolling. My 3 year old whines non stop. My house isn't always spotless. I have weight that I don't like. I have features that I can't stand. I sometimes yell at my kids (and apologize later). 
The list could go on & on!

But who likes FAKE people!? :) so here's the 
Behind the Scenes of my Not So Picture Perfect Family

The sun was in Joel's eyes & he kept blinking. I was getting SO aggravated that we had to stop because of him.  Malayna was blinking due to the sun and .... Jayden....I don't know what he was doing!!!


5 comments:

  1. Love it! :D Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! This did make me laugh! Thanks for being real Michelle! Despite all that your kiddos & you & Joel for that matter could all be in advertising & whatever you were selling would fly off the shelves. Love this post & love you enormously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I always edit - that's why I don't have many pictures of me full-body "as is" Disclaimer: the photo I used on FB & my blog a few months ago to show my weight loss was completely unedited.

    You're beautiful! and your kids look like they have personality with a capital P :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I only put the nice stuff up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and very funny post, Michelle! We are all not so picture perfect!

    Love,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete