Friday, January 20, 2012

Tooth Fairy

The Tooth Fairy came for the third time to our house the other night! I pulled it out for my 6 year old. And it is NOT as fun as it used to be when I was a kid. It made me sick to my stomach! She was so excited. She couldn't wait to go to sleep!

Malayna with tooth #3 - top front tooth

A few things I learned - and thankfully by just the third tooth. 
Write down how much you the Tooth Fairy gives. For the first tooth I thought she got $5.00, well she thinks she got $10.00. I'm hoping by the time Jayden loses his first tooth she won't tell him that. For the second tooth she got $1.00, she said she got coins, "lots of coins". I don't know if I just didn't have a dollar bill and I came up with a dollar in change??? So I wrote down in my iPhone exactly how much I gave!
Make believe yourself! I made a mistake with the first tooth and I told her that I was the Tooth Fairy, I gave her the money. I just didn't want the Tooth Fairy to get credit for the work that I do.... I got over myself....  After much some reprimanding from friends and family, I decided it's ok to make believe. So by the second tooth I told her that the Tooth Fairy let me do the first tooth because it was special to me. She bought it.
Have fun with it! After my selfish act I decided to figure out a way to make it really special. A friend told me that she had tea and a piece of cake for the Tooth Fairy sitting out (and then the tea was gone and just crumbs were left by morning). She shines up the quarters with glitter, for Fairy dust. And makes footprints around the tea. I recently heard that someone makes footprints in the glitter with Barbie feet to make it look like Fairy feet. So I had Malayna put her tooth in a ziploc bag (I need a better way) under her pillow. And the Tooth Fairy put fairy dust all over the dollar bill (I didn't want to post a picture, so people don't think I'm trying to print my own money) I had ultra fine glitter - gets on everything - but is super pretty and shiny. I put that in the bag and put blue regular sized glitter in the bag. She LOVED IT!!!! YAY! Success!

Since Malayna was getting all the attention, Jayden, 4, was pretty bummed. He said the Tooth Fairy would never come visit him. Even after I told him she will when he loses his tooth. So I had to take a picture of him when I took a picture of Malayna. I also decided a note from the Tooth Fairy would be special. The next morning he was excited about his note. But he told me "I know this isn't really Fairy dust. This is actually glitter" I told him that's what Fairy dust looked like. He wasn't buying it. Such a boy!

I had to give kudos to myself!


So hopefully you learned from my mistakes and you got ideas for your own Tooth Fairy files! 
Happy Fairy-ing!



4 comments:

  1. I'm learning from your's and just going with quarters ;)

    But I do love the glitter idea, and the note is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we do 4 quarters or a dollar coin if we have one on hand...kids will loose around 20 teeth, so $1 per tooth is more than enough in my opinion. :) I ordered a cute little tooth fairy pillow off of etsy that has a special pocket for the teeth. SG hangs on the end of her bed, which I love because it's easy access.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on your blog again tonight and this is the first post that came up (even though I know there's one more after it.) And I don't think I commented the first time I read this... but I wrote a "note" from the tooth fairy too and Hannah said she knew it was from me bc we had the same handwriting. So just be careful with that one! I also saw a super cute idea of having a special little pillow that you sew together using felt. And that way the tooth doesn't get lost in their bed. I think I pinned it on pinterest. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Palmer and I had a discussion about this the other night. I was trying to get his room clean in the process and said, "For the tooth fairy to come you have to have your room all clean or she'll go back to her castle." Chad was in the car with us shaking his head the whole time, telling me that he wasn't going to buy that. Thanks for the advice!
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete