Friday, January 13, 2012

Three Low Cal - Healthy Recipes

So I came across some recipes that I tried & loved! And I thought they were worth sharing on here :)

1) Pumpkin Spice 'Latte'
I say Latte very loosely since I don't have a Latte maker! Of course this was wonderful around Thanksgiving time. But I guess you can make it when you're wanting to be in the fall mood.


Pumpkin Spice Latte‎ Recipe
2 Cups of Milk (I used Light Soy Milk)
2 Tablespoons of canned pumpkin
2 Tablespoons of sugar (I used a sugar substitute)
2 Tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 teasoon of pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of coffee

Directions:
in a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin & sugar. Cook on Medium heat. Stirring until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla & spice. Transfer to blender and process for 15 seconds (if you don't use a blender, whisk with a wire whisk)

Pour into large mug (or Mason jar) & pour the coffee on top

You can top with whip cream & sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon (I did not)

For the entire 32 ounces it is 210 calories. I drank half after I made it and then the other half in the morning for an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte

Recipe via a MyFitnessPal friend


2) Single Serving Brownie yum!
I normally don't eat past 9pm but the other night I really wanted a brownie! I did not want to make a whole batch, nor did I have all the ingredients. SO I found this recipe Single Serving Brownie! And boy oh boy was it delicious!!! and it hit the spot with only 100 calories!


Single Serving Brownie
1 TBSP flour (could be whole wheat)
1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute - it says)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt (I did not have, so I used applesauce)

Mix together in a microwaveable bowl, you may need to add more yogurt/applesauce until you have the right consistency. It needs to look like batter. I added mini chocolate chips on top.

Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute (depending on your microwave - I did 55 seconds)

And voila - your 2 minute brownie!!! 


3) No-Bake Energy Bites 
I saw this a while ago on Pinterest but had not made it. While laying on the couch with my kiddos, with no energy, I decided to see if these really were energy bites! And I had all the ingredients! So here is the recipe for the No-Bake Energy Bites and I added 2 scoops of protein powder (I saw where someone else added 2 ViSalus scoops) 
So after I got it out of the fridge and I couldn't make very good 'bites' (I don't know if the extra protein powder is what made mine dry) I added some more honey & more peanut butter. Much better! I have to admit, I ate several of these as taste testers. Oh, and these are 110 calories.

Do I have energy now??? possibly... they are pretty much granola bars like the ones you can buy.... so would I make this again.... maybe because the possibilities are endless as to what ingredients you put in!

Left - the DRY bite.                                     Right - the formable bite

I hope you can enjoy these and please share any great recipes you've tried & like :)




No comments:

Post a Comment