Saturday, August 11, 2012

All About Me?

Here lately I've been having a difficulty with my time management. 


I can't say I have it all under control. But I think I will eventually :) 

Actually my real issue has been guilt. Am I spending too much time on myself? Am I spending enough quality time with my kids? 

I do several exercises a day. Sometimes 3 times a day. I also go running every Saturday. I have the opportunity this Fall to join a Women's Bible Study and I had to really think - is this too much about me? All of these things are good for my mind, body & soul. But I realize too much of a good thing can be bad. 

So I had to sit down, just me & God and process it all. And it's ok to have time for myself, I do not need to feel guilty about it.

 I recently read a news article Super fit moms and it was very encouraging. I also read about 2008 Olympian  Melanie Roach and she inspired me. She has three children, her husband is in office, she also owns & teaches Gymnastics where she lives. (I am not looking to get into the Olympics - ha!) 

When I do my exercises with my Baby Boot Camp friends in the morning not only are my children involved, my 2 year old is learning the alphabet - numbers - nursery rhymes, but they are seeing me exercise. When I do my weight lifting at home, my 2 year old gets her weeble people & lifts them like me. My 6 & 5 year old try to lift the weights to see how strong they are. (No children were harmed. :) They are carefully monitored & only pretend to do the motions) When I do abs on the floor my children 'help' me by getting on my back or under me while I plank. So I become a jungle gym. Although I do not spend every second of the day on the floor playing toys with them, I am no longer going to let myself worry if I'm doing too much about me. I am being an example for them. I am taking care of my body now so that I can be around longer for them. 

So this coming school year will be a learn as we go, but I know God will help me make right decisions & my children will not be deprived of Mommy time. 

*disclaimer - I do not think if you are not currently exercising that you are damaging you or your kids. And if you do sit and play with toys all day long I applaud you for that. This was just about my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment