Sunday, April 7, 2013

Running Techniques



So since my surgery I haven't ran over 11 minute miles. That makes me very sad.

My half marathon pace was 10:30 which made me happy for that long of a distance. And my fastest 5K race was a 8:17 pace, so I know I can do better.

As I was running my lame 4.5 miles I was thinking about different
running techniques.

The Gazelle - I have a friend who has long legs. She runs exactly like
a gazelle - fast yet graceful.

The Effortless- I have another friend that runs fast but it doesn't
look like she's giving it any effort. She looks like she's just
jogging. Even when she has passed me & said she was dying, it still
doesn't look like she gives effort.

The Bouncer - Another friend of mine has a bounce to her step. With
her cute curly ponytail bouncing. She always looks adorable when she
runs.

The Beauty Queen - I have a beautiful friend that always looks
perfect. Her makeup is always in tack. She smiles beautifully for the
camera.

The Attacker - Then there's me. No I don't run like Phoebe in a
Friends episode. But I feel like I attack the ground. My feet hit hard
(not as hard as a Pounder friend I have). There's no bounce, there's
no gracefulness. Sometimes I feel like I can't even pick my feet off
the ground and they drag. I get nervous that I'm going to trip and
then the ground will attack me back.

So whether you are graceful or clumsy - it's ok. Just run!




No comments:

Post a Comment