Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Older Sister

My older sister Manisha is the best.

May 2011
When I was a tween I would have my mom measure my hair to see if it was as long as Manisha's.When I was a teenager I would go into her room and try on her clothes because I wanted to be just like her! When I joined the youth group I was SO excited to get to do everything with her. When she got her drivers' license I was her front seat passenger any time she would let me. I wanted to do everything with her.

September 1985 (L) Michelle 5, (R) Manisha 8

I still talk to her every day. I still call her if I need advice on how to handle a situation. Even if she doesn't always have the solution, she always gives me a different perspective and makes me feel better. She can tell me what I need to be doing in such a loving way.

February 1986, (L) Manisha 8, (R) Michelle 5

She is a wonderful example of a Christian. She does not waiver. In this crazy world, where Christians are turning away from what they know is truth. Manisha does not. She has God for herself, and no one can make her change. Her favorite Scripture:
Romans 8:38-39 KJV
 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

at our Grandparents house in TN, (top) Manisha, (bottom) Michelle

She is stubborn, but for good reasons. She is the peace maker, tries to make people get along. She is the mentor, always there for advice for her sisters, mom & friends. She is my friend....she is my sister!!!

Although I may not have turned out exactly like her....I have so many good qualities that I have learned from her!!!

May 2011Manisha Dian - I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I'm standing in the middle of the mall teary-eyed. Maybe I should have waited to read this. :)
    I am not deserving of all of those sweet remarks! But I thank you. Thank you for being my sister and friend.
    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so amazing, what a beautiful family, love it, I had the oportunity to work with her at church Manisha is such a role model in every way. Happy Birthday to you Manisha. from Sister Bernice and the Girls.

    ReplyDelete