Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why I Love Social Networks

There are lots of mixed feelings about social networks. People saying they would like hand written, snail mail letters more often....saying they are making people become unsociable.  

Well I feel completely opposite.
I LOVE social networks! 

I am friends with my all my extended family - several of them overseas, most from Coast to Coast. My teenage friends. My High School friends. 
My College friends. Some mutual friends that I have never met face to face. 

I can cry with them about devastation. 
I can be sad with them about disappointments.  
I can attend their weddings. 
I can see their children grow up. 
I can rejoice in their blessings. 
I can learn from their experience.
I can offer advice to help them.
I can be encouraged by their thoughts. 
I can be encouraging by my words. 
I can laugh with them.
I can share my laughs.

I do LOL when I say I do, I do smile when I type ":)", 
I say "haha" when I type it. I do "like" lots of things.

So although I may not send snail mail, 
I may not pick up the phone and call a friend. 
I am still a part of their lives and they are still a part of my life.

I <heart> all of my friends!!!


2 comments:

  1. ditto. :)

    da onlee thengz iz i dunt want my kidz 2 b writen lyke dez.

    oh & cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true and amazing!!!! Imagine having to snail mail pictures of toe cuties to all those folks! :)

    ReplyDelete