Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Water Retention Detox

So, I've heard alot about "oh that's just water weight".... so I went on a quest to figure out if I had any water weight. I googled how much I'm suppose to have, couldn't find a straight forward answer. I have a Weight Watchers scale that shows the percentage of water. Mine was 53%.

I found Jillian Michaels' Water Retention Detox so I thought I'd give it a try. First challenge, find Dandelion Root Tea. I asked my husband to do so because he was going to Whole Foods anyway. He came back empty handed. "There were so many teas, I looked over and over" So I googled it. Found out Whole Foods carried it, called ahead, the verified they had it. I went & picked it up. (I also saw it just the other day at Kroger in the organic section.)

Then I couldn't tell if Jillian wanted me to brew the tea or just put it in the 60 ounces of water.

Day 1 - I put JUST the tea bag in the 60 ounces of water and let it sit overnight. It tasted like lemon water. At first it was hard drinking that much water. I drank 24 ounces before lunch. Another 24 ounces before dinner. And the remainder before bed.

Day 2 - I decided to brew the tea according to the box. It tasted a little more bitter. Drinking 60 ounces was easier today, I was in a rhythm.

Day 3 - No difference on the scale, still 53% water. Drinking away.

Day 4 - My teeth started to hurt. I think because of the lemon.

Day 5 - I see no difference, I think I'm just gonna quit at day 5. Not because I'm a quitter, but my teeth REALLY REALLY hurt today!!!

Day 6 - Drank 48 ounces of water, at least. And I'm going to drink 48 - 60 ounces a day. Made myself a cup of the dandelion root tea with sugar substitute. A little bitter at the end, but what herbal tea isn't?!?!

So I am NOT saying it is a waste of time, nor am I saying I lost 5 pounds in 7 days! :) I'm just giving my two cents, hope it helps! :)

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered just taking a water pill? lol - I know I would lose a lot more weight even pregnant if I would stop drinking pop altogether.

    ReplyDelete