Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Love Song

I wanted to have this written by Valentine's Day.....
but here it is.... a day late ;)

I am an emotional sap when it comes to Love Songs. Delilah is my girl, her call in stories, the oooey-gooey love songs she plays. I just love it. 

So the other day I heard this song "Kissed You" by Gloriana. And I thought to myself Joel & I don't have a love song like that! and I started pouting. Saying poor me, I don't have a love song. 
I also like Taylor Swift's "Our Song" just a typical teenager romance.

There is no song on the radio that plays "we met at 16. had the same mutual friends. you turned my high school ring at 18. we wrote letters as friends. we saw each other at 20 and started dating. eloped just a few months after dating. we were going to have a big wedding but we didn't. we have been married 11 years. we have 3 beautiful kids. i love being a stay at home mom. you love the job you have..." 
I mean, really, WHO has a love story like that!? not many people. 

Then I got over my pouting.... and thought as long as our Love Song never ends.... then it's fine with me that I don't hear it on the radio!!! :)

So here's to everyone who may never hear their "Love Song" playing on the radio... just keep writing your love song and it will play in your head :)

*disclaimer - I know the songs played on the radio are mostly fictitious. 

Me & My Valentine on 2.14.12



1 comment: