Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mindless Running

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. My "thoughts" are never more than a paragraph. So I don't blog them, I just update my FaceBook status :)


Jogging is very beneficial.  It's good for your legs and your feet.  It's also very good for the ground.  It makes it feel needed.  ~Charles Schulz, Peanuts

I am not a runner. September 2011 I ran my first race. It was a local Women's Four Miler. I trained for it with a training program. I ran about 12 minute miles. I am not a runner. I finished the race with running the whole time and under an hour, my two personal goals. 
I am not a runner.

Then my crazy Fitness Instructor, Kira Sullivan from Baby Boot Camp decided to tell me about all these other races coming up. So October 2011, I ran a 6K and a 5K. November 2011, I ran a 5K. December 2011 another 5K. February 2012 a 5K again. March 2012, an 8K and a 10K!!! 
I am starting to be a runner!

My 10K time was quite close to my 4 Miler time. I ran 9 1/2 minute miles!!! Starting out at 12 minute miles I am quite proud of myself!

Most every Saturday, my wonderful husband takes care of the kids so I can go running. There are very few Saturdays when I miss. It's my alone time. I realized, my mind is completely blank when I'm running. I'm not thinking about grocery lists, laundry, paying bills..... it is blank! (although I do talk to myself, "don't stop running!") It is quite an amazing feeling. I really think every person, every MOM needs a blank mind sometimes! So I may not be a super speedy runner, but I enjoy it! and I am always looking forward to my next race. I am a runner!

Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first.  ~Author Unknown

Next blog I'll talk about my Running Mix on my iPod. 

1 comment: