Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Running Mix

So I said the next blog would be about my running mix so here it is.


I searched and searched for good up beat music, with no curse words.... that is HARD to find! :( So I knew the only way I could go was all Christian music. So I'm going to give you the song (some are old school) and I'll talk a little bit about why I love it for running.


I Am Free - Newsboys
This is perfect for starting out a run - first line "I am free to run!!" :) what better way to start a great run.


Name-Droppin' -  T-Bone
This is a fun one, mentions all the Christian artists names. Two lines I like in this song "she stayed in shape cause it was her temple and God's property" and in the chorus it says "we don't quit, we don't stop" even though it's talking about singing, it's nice to remind myself to keep going.


Take it All - Hillsong
This one has a great beat to help me keep up my tempo.

Our God - (As made famous by Chris Tomlin) Christian Remixed 2011 Hits
It is such a good worship song, "Our God is greater, our God is stronger" and this has a beat too since it's the remix version.

Tonight - tobyMac
Great beat!

No Way - Tye Tribbett & G.A.
Fun lyrics say "there's no way I can make it without You". Which is so true to every aspect of my life, there's no way I would be where I was without God's grace & blessings.

Welcome to the Show - Britt Nicole
A good beat to remind me to make my feet hit the pavement with every beat.

4321 - Manafest
A little more "rap" than my other ones, and not exactly to God, but it's a good clean song. My favorite line "I'm in my zone right now, I'm in the groove right now."

God of Wonders - Rebecca St. James
A good worship song. And when you're running outside you can just take in all of God's magnificent work.

I Want it All Back - G.A. & Tye Tribbett
This song has been my motto for myself, friends and family for the past couple of years.

I'm Letting Go - Francesca Battistelli
A little slower, still has a runnable beat. A good reminder to myself to put my life in God's hands....every day!

Irene - tobyMac
Another rap one, my husband put it in my mix.

Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath
A slow one, but a great prayer to pray. So when I pass people on the trail I run I pray for them and pray that I can see others the way God sees them.

Made to Love - tobyMac
Another good prayer to God and a good reminder to myself why I was created - to Love and worship Him!

So I'm sure there's a gazillion other songs that are great running ones... but here's my mix. Hope you enjoy and can use some for your own mix :)




1 comment: