Sunday, June 3, 2012

Too Long for a Status Update




Here are a few random things going through my brain that are too long to tweet or status update.





sodas.
I have 2 diet cokes left in the fridge. They have been there for a super long time,  2 weeks. I realize that I haven't drank them because I don't want to have just one left and then none left. When I had my fridge stocked I was drinking at least one a day. So that should be my method to not drink as many, only buy 2 sodas at a time. They'll last me longer than a whole case!








nap time.
I am hooked on naps! It all started when I had my first child......no, when I was pregnant.....no wait, when I was in college. I would crave just 15 minutes naps between classes in college. Skip forward several years, I was pregnant, working a full time job, I would spend my lunch hour sleeping in my car. After my first child it was the highlight of my day. I overcame that for a while. Then my third child came along, for the past 2 years I take a nap every day. I really need to stop. I need to get more work done around the house. If I ever have to go back to a desk job I will not survive in the real world!!!





clothes.
I L.O.V.E. buying exercise clothes!!! I have too many, quite a lot, but I see something and think it's better than what I have. I buy shirts that are cute, but then as soon as I step outside in the summer time I'm sweating like a pig and you can see it. So then I buy more thinking it will hide my sweat better. And I'm always trying to find the next awesome skirt for exercising in. So I have a HUGE variety!!!







running.
As I reached my best PR (personal record) at a 5K on Saturday, I realized why I enjoy it so much. I can see my progress. I really enjoy exercising. I exercise 4 days a week and lift weights 4 days a week. I really really enjoy it. I have been at a weight loss stand still for the past 9 months. I keep telling myself maintaining is better than gaining! Back to running, I look back on the last 9+ months when I started running. August 2011, pace 13min/mi. October 2011, pace 10:30min/mi. December 2011, pace 9min/mi. I can see myself improving. I know what to do to get faster.... just keep running .... June 2012, pace 8:19min/mi!

1 comment:

  1. I admire your determination. I know that I can do the same thing, but after I get past day 2 or 3 I stop. Then when I try to start back, it seems even more difficult than the last time.... I will make it, somehow... Stefanie

    ReplyDelete