Thursday, May 31, 2012

Multitasking

I am a multitasker. 
It's my character, my personality, it's who I am.

Multitasking can get me into trouble. 

I admit, I multitask while driving. Not always on my phone, a numerous amount of things. But I'm trying really hard to correct that.

I multitask while brushing my teeth. Now with an electric toothbrush it is not pretty. I get toothpaste on the mirror, on my clothes and running down my chin.

I multitask while filling my water bottle from the fridge dispenser. I am standing there holding the bottle to fill up.... that takes a long time.... I don't want to wait. So my other hand is trying to screw the lid on a bottle I just filled, or trying to get a straw off the counter for my shake. Now that has caused me to spill my water, repeatedly. 

I pull up several websites,  looking at different topics, normally so I don't forget what I want to look up.

There is one time that I cannot multitask. (well there's probably more...but anyway) Recently I started walking around the room with my 2 year old when it's time to go to sleep. I get a blanket, put over my shoulder and walk around with her. She normally calms down. If she's still antsy I sing "O How I Love Jesus" (my six year old told me I sing like an angel :) ) If I try to type on my phone, even if I move one arm to scratch my head it messes her up. 
So..... in that moment..... I realized - it's ok if I don't multitask all the time. It's ok if I just stop, take in the little moments and enjoy the quiet time.


No comments:

Post a Comment