Friday, March 25, 2011

My Mother

I have been holding off on writing this because I wanted to save it for Mother's Day month
.......but here it is. I have one for my dad too......another day.



I have THE best mother in the world!

I recently was in a parenting class and everything the teacher was saying was how I grew up. 
And in turn is how I'm raising my children. How blessed is that!?

I have an awesome mom! She has always loved me unconditionally.

From childhood, my mom & dad always told me if I was ever at my friends' house and I wanted to come home I could call them up and they would come get me, it didn't matter what time it was. 
I knew they would, I never doubted it. I think I called home once. 
But the fact was I knew my parents were there for me. 
<ok, now I'm crying>

We also have a secret word(s) <it's still a secret word> that if we were ever in trouble and we could make one call home we would said that word(s) and my parents would know we were in danger & they would find us. 
*Tip - EVERY parent needs that in this crazy world!

Shortly after I had my driver's license, I was lost (I'm not very good with directions). We had a cell phone, but it wasn't charged. So I was trying to find my way home, I was able to make one quick phone call home but before I could tell my landmarks it died on me. My mom got in the car, my dad asked what she was doing, she informed him she was going to find me. He questioned how she would do that, she said "I'm her mother" 
(that is what I was told so I hope I got the story right) 
..... well she found me. 
She followed me home so I didn't take another wrong turn.

In my teenage years I was not a prize child.....what teenager is? :) And I would wake up in the middle of the night with my mom kneeling beside my bed & praying over me. 
As an adult I mentioned this to my sisters, and they didn't remember her doing that to them.....
was I the only one? really??? :)

My mom was always available for me to talk. After coming home from Youth outings she would say 
"Is there anything you need to tell me?" 
She said that if she heard it from me 
before someone else my punishment would be less. 
As a teen I got sick of that question....
but guess what....I knew I could talk to her.
My sisters & I, to this day, ask each other that question ever so often. :)

My mom is still available to talk.

As an adult I wish I could go back to being a child, where my mother protected me from knowing all the crazy stuff happening. Now she calls me up to make sure I read the news!!! Why mother? Why??? :)

In 2009 my mom found this book about being a Middle Child and it's a really cute book. I found it recently & read it. Cried a bit. Laughed a bit. And saw myself in the pages of this book.



After I post this a million thoughts will come to mind 
about how awesome my mom is.....
but for now this is all. Maybe for Mother's Day I'll add more :)

I love you MOM!!!!

Mom - I need more pictures of you & me!!!







6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your awesome Mom is my Mom too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Manisha said :) this made me smile & tear up too. I love your Mom :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the "tearing up" - I sobbed- tears rolling down my cheeks; blowing my nose.
    I love you Michelle, my Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only your aunt, but I also teared up just a little. I'm glad my brother married your mother so that these stories could be told. Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet. I didn't know those things, but getting to know you and what an awesome person and mother you are I kinda figured your mom was too. She taught you well. Great to have such good memories of your childhood. Staci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tears.... tears.... tears..... OF JOY!!

    Michelle-You & your sisters are so BLESSED to have an awesome Mom!! I love seeing the relationship you all share together on FB & your blogs! It encourages someone like me that doesn't have family connections that my sacrifice & LOVE for my sweet daughter will be worth it through out her life!

    Thank you for sharing : )

    -AMY S.

    ReplyDelete